biologi

Red Butterfly Read more at http://lenterablogger.blogspot.com/2012/05/cara-ganti-cursor-blogger.html#irtuiJKezt8LJZDj.99

Minggu, 02 Desember 2012

BAHASA INGGRIS 1




NARRATIVE TEXT
(LEGEND AND MYTH)

I.       SPOKEN CYCLE
A.    BUILDING KNOWLEDGE OF FIELD

Activity 1
Answer the following questions orally!
1.      Do you know Prambanan temple? Where is it located?
2.      Have you ever gone to the temple?
3.      Do you know the legend behind the Prambanan temple?
4.      Who wanted to marry Roro Jonggrang?
5.      How was the ending of the story?

Activity 2
Discuss the questions below with your partner!
1.      What do you know about narrative story?
2.      Mention the stories included to narrative!
3.      What is legend?
4.      What is a myth?
5.      Did your parents ever told you stories when you are child?

Speech Function
Activity 3
Expressing Love
Practice the dialogue below!
Dea      : Have you ever gone to Sanur beach?
Novi    : No, I haven't. How about you?
Dea      : I have gone there three times.
Novi    : Really? How is the situation in Sanur beach?
Dea      : The situation is so nice. The people around there are so lovely. Their kindness is impressing me.
Novi    : I am sure that you like Sanur beach very much.
Dea      : Yes, I even love the beach. If I have money and time, I'll visit Sanur beach again.
Novi    : May I go with you.
Dea      : Of course.

The bold typed expression in the dialogue above is the example of love expression. We use the expression of love to reveal our feeling of love to someone or something.

Study the expression in the table below!
Expression of Love
Responses
I love you
I love you from the bottom of my heart.
I really love you.
I love you so much.
I must love it.
You are my everything.
I am crazy of …
I love you, too.
Me too.
I also love you.
So do I.
I love it, too.
I feel the same with you.
Just the same with you.

Activity 4
Complete the dialogues below using the expression of love.
1.      Amir          : May I say something about my feeling to you?
Sisca          : Yes, sure!
Amir          : Sis, ......................................................................................
Sisca          : Really? Do you?
Amir          : Yes, I do.
2.      Astri          : Is it your picture when you were in Tawangmangu?
Nita           : Yes, isn't the place great?
Astri          : Yes, what do you think about the place?
Nita           : ..............................................................................................
Expressing Sadness
Study the dialogue below.
Anto    : Why do you look so sad, Andre?
Andre  : My girlfriend has broken me up just now. I am so distressed now.
Anto    : Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Are there any problems between you and her?
Andre  : No, there aren't.
Anto    : So, why did she break you up?
Andre  : I don't know. She didn't tell me the reason. Her decision made me so upset.
Anto    : Well, may be she is not the best for you. You are still young. You still have many chances.
Andre  : Yes, you're right. Anyway, thanks for your advice.
Anto    : Don't mention it. That's what a friend for.

B.     The bold typed expression in the dialogue above is the example of sadness expression. We use the expression of sadness when we face something wrong/ bad and make us sad.

Study also the sadness expression below.
Expression of Sadness
Responses
It makes me so distressed.
I feel so sad.
I'm very sad.
It makes me so upset.
I'm so distressed.
It makes me feel so sad.
I'm not too happy about it.
I feel down in the dump.
It does, doesn't it?
Things happened, you know?
I am so sorry to hear that.
Sorry about that.
You are, aren't you?
You do, don't you?


Summary:
NARRATIVE TEXT
Social Function:
To amuse, entertain and to deal with actual or vicarious experience in different ways; Narrative deal with problematic events which lead to a crisis or turning points of some kind, which in turn fields a resolution.
Generic Structure:
-     Orientation: sets the scene and introduces the participants
-     Evaluation: a stepping back to evaluate the plight.
-     Complication: a crisis arises
-     Resolution: the crisis is resolved, for better or for worse
-     Re-orientation: optional

Significant Lexico grammatical Features:
-     Focus on specific and usually individualized participants.
-     Use of material processes (and in this text, behavioral and verbal processes).
-     Use of relational processes and mental processes.
-     Use of temporal conjunctions and temporal circumstances.
-     Use of past tense.

1 komentar: